Course Highlights Health & Social Care Induction Level 2 Qualification
Awarded By: Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
Duration: 179 Hours (Counts Towards CPD Hours)
Access: 24/7 Unlimited Accesses For 12 Months
Exam & Assesment
Certificate: A Certificate is Available Upon Completion
Exam Included: Exam Is Included In The Price
Evidence: Learning & Certification Remain On The System Indefinitely
Support: Unlimited Dedicated Online Tutor Support
Who are TQUK?
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation(Ofqual) in England, CCEA Regulation in Northern Ireland and by Qualifications Wales.
TQUK offers qualifications which are regulated by Ofqual and, in some cases, by CCEA Regulation and/or Qualifications Wales, sit on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and are listed on the Register of Regulated Qualifications (https://register.ofqual.gov.uk/).
What is The ‘Qualified Health & Social Care Induction Package’
The purpose of the TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF) is to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles required for a variety of job roles in the adult health and social care sector including: equality and diversity, safeguarding, duty of care, health and safety, person centred approaches and handling information.
This Health & Social Care Level 2 Qualification offer persons preparing to work in adult social care a qualified route into the industry, whilst also completing the care certificate, offering the necessary knowledge of the 15 Care standards. The learner on completion will have achieved both the Care Certificate and the TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care – Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
How Is This Qualification issued?
The qualification is allocated to the learner’s online account, the Qualification will be available with additional eLearning Care Certificate courses that cover the Standards that are not covered in the TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Qualification.
Learners must achieve 20 credits from the nine mandatory units
- Principles of personal development in adult social care settings L/602/3035 17 2
- Principles of diversity, equality, and inclusion in adult social care settings H/602/3039 18 2
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care A/601/8574 26 3
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings H/6015474 9 1
- Understand the role of the social care worker A/602/3113 9 1
- Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings J/602/3180 34 4
- Understand health and safety in social care settings R/602/3179 40 4
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings Y/602/3118 9 1
- Principles of communication in adult social care settings L/602/29052 17 2
Care Certificate Standards
The workbooks to be signed off by a learners Line Manager are also included in the package. The learning content of the TQUK Qualifications covers the following Care Certificate Standards in full:
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person-centered way
- Safeguarding adults
- Health and safety
- Handling information
The additional Standards that are covered via additional eLearning courses within the package are:
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding children
- Basic life support
- Infection prevention and control
Can The Course Be Funded For A Free Health & Social Care Qualification?
As it stands, Employers in England, who are eligible, are able to claim back £300 from the Workforce Development Fund (WDF) for the TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (RQF).
To be eligible to apply for the funding they must meet the following requirements:
- Be an adult social care employer in England.
- Have an NMDS-SC (The National Minimum Data Set for Social Care (NMDS-SC) is an online system which collects information on the adult social care workforce in England.) account that meets WDF requirements.
- Complete a member’s declaration form and return it to the partnership lead.
- Submit completed qualification unit summary sheets or a copy of each learner’s certificate to evidence claims.
This qualification forms part of the popular Health and Social Care apprenticeship.
Care Providers will benefit as their staff are all fully Qualified while also meeting the CQC minimum standards for Care.
What is the career progression?
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- TQUK Level 2 Diploma in Care (RQF)
- TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (RQF)
- TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF)
* Qualifications are excluded from our 14 day money back guarantee, please contact us with any questions you may have.