This communication course aims to educate the learner in appropriate forms of verbal and nonverbal communication.
• Be aware of how communication should be carried out within their role
• Understand how the way they communicate impacts upon patients and colleagues
• Know what form of communication is deemed as appropriate
• Know what communication aids are available when need should arise, and be able to identify when help is required with communicating
• Have knowledge and understanding of confidentiality