Duty of Care covers looking after the needs of everyone, including patients and staff. This course educates those within the healthcare sector that they have a duty of care, not just toward their patients, but also toward their colleagues, members of the public, and themselves. It explains that the individual should be acting with everyone’s best interests at heart when at all possible, and never to do anything that will harm the wellbeing of themselves or others.
• Explain what ‘Duty of Care’ means
• Explain how this becomes part of a safe workplace and practice
• Have understanding of how dilemmas can and will occur when it comes to the wellbeing of people
• Understand how service can be improved by the complaints of others, as well as comments and feedback of any kind
• Have understanding of what the following means and how to deal with them; adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses
• Have understanding of the legislation that applies to such adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses, and how they should be reported
• Understand the areas that can cause confrontation, and have knowledge of the communication skills which can be used to solve such issues.