This course in Fluids and Nutrition concentrates on how the right amount of hydration and nutrition should be provided for patients within the health and social care sector.
• Know just how important it is to provide optimal hydration and nutrition to patients
• Be able to recognise the signs of poor hydration and nutrition
• Know how to maintain the hydration and nutrition levels of individuals who are within a healthcare environment, and promote this as ongoing
• Understand that some individuals will require support in eating and drinking, and access the right amount of hydration and nutrition
• Understand that individuals will have varying dietary requirements due to allergies or religion, or other
• Have knowledge and understanding of food hygiene, health and safety
• Have knowledge of the correct channels to report through when concerns are raised about an individuals intake of fluid and nutrition