Healthcare and social care staff will gain an introduction to information governance, which will include confidentiality, data protection, subject access requests and freedom of information requests.
- Know the difference between data protection, confidentiality, freedom of information and subject access requests
- Know what good information governance is, as well as bad information governance
- Know how to conduct themselves at work in accordance to such data protection and confidentiality rules
- Understand the importance of keeping professional records, and know what the record keeping protocol is
- Have knowledge and understanding of the consequences of not adhering to the guidelines, and poor record keeping
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Caldicott principles, the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act and subject access requests, in relation to their own place and field of work
- Know where further information can be found when it comes to information governance