Person Centred planning is crucial to providing quality care and support. It helps professional care and support workers find out what is important to the person they support and enables services to be built around what matters most to that individual.
This module has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to promote and implement person-centred approaches in adult social care settings. On completion, learners will have an increased understanding of person-centred approaches including the importance of consent and the role of risk assessment.
- Explain person-centred approaches in adult social care
- Describe how to implement a person-centred approach in adult social care setting
- Recognise the importance of establishing consent when providing care and support
- Implement and promote active participation
- Explain how to support an individuals right to make choices
- Describe how to promote an individuals wellbeing
- Explain the role of risk assessment in enabling a person-centered approach