The purpose of this course is to ensure that all staff working within the health and social care sector cover an introduction into how adults under their care can be protected. For this course, case studies are used, with the aim of knowledge and understanding being gained through these examples.
- Know what is meant by safeguarding adults, and know why this is something that is required to be educated in
- Be aware of how adults can be vulnerable to the abuse of others, and how to notice when various types of abuse may happen
- Be aware of the terms terrorism and extremism, and know the impact they can have on vulnerable adults
- Know what can be done in their role to prevent abuse
- Know the procedures to go through when abuse is suspected, as well as what the current UK legislation is