This Dementia Awareness course is an introduction for anyone who works within the health and social care sector, be it clinical healthcare workers, or those non-clinical roles such as volunteers, support workers, caterers, porters, and so on. This is a valuable way in which those working within the sector can gain a greater knowledge and understanding of those living with dementia. The aspects included will be the types of dementia someone can suffer from, their symptoms, and what can be done to support them on a daily basis, as well as help and understand the long term.
- Name the various types of dementia
- Know what each type of dementia looks like
- Understand the best ways of communicating with those who have dementia
- Understand the effect dementia has on the individual, as well as the impact it can have on their family and others around them
- Identify the places where further help and information for both sufferers and their families can be found